SENSA® Weight-Loss System and FTC Settlement
The FTC is issuing refunds for all SENSA® product purchased. If you would like to request a refund of your SENSA® purchase,please click here:
*Please note that the FTC is in the process of setting up the refund program, so it may not be available at this time. The FTC will issue a second public announcement once it is available.
If you are currently enrolled in a SENSA® AutoDelivery program and wish to cancel, please visit My Account
and click on AutoDelivery to adjust your program by January 21, 2014.
ShopHQ Alerts Customers of FTC Settlement
For customers with an active SENSA® AutoDelivery program, click here
to read the letter.
For all other customers, click here
to read the letter.
Frequently Asked Questions regarding the SENSA® Weight-Loss System FTC Settlement
1) What is going on with the FTC and SENSA®? SENSA® recently settled with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) regarding certain SENSA® Weight-Loss System advertising claims. SENSA® has agreed to make changes to its advertising claims, pay a fine and participate in an FTC refund program for purchasers of SENSA®, including product purchased from ShopNBC and ShopHQ. The product's safety was never called into question and the product remains on the market with updated advertising claims.
2) Can consumers get a refund of previously purchased SENSA® Weight-Loss System? Yes, the FTC will conduct a refund program. For more information about the FTC refund program visit . Please note the FTC is in the process of setting up the refund program to submit a claim. The FTC will issue a second public announcement as soon as they are ready to accept claims.
3) Can SENSA® still be sold? Yes, SENSA® is still on the market with their updated advertising claims.
4) Can I still use my SENSA®? Yes, it is important to note that the product's safety is not in question. The FTC is focused solely on the SENSA® Weight-Loss System's advertising claims. You may continue to use SENSA® as part of your weight-management program, in combination with exercise and a sensible diet.
5) Do I need to return my unused SENSA® product in order to receive a refund from the FTC refund program? No, the FTC refund program does not require you to return unused product. For more information about the FTC refund program, visit
6) What is required by the FTC to file a claim and receive a refund?
When the FTC refund program is available, you will need to enter the date you purchased SENSA® as well as where you purchased it (in this case ShopHQ). You do not need to provide proof of purchase, such as an invoice. To locate your SENSA® purchase date at ShopHQ, go to My Account.
7) Does this affect SENSA® AutoDelivery shipments from ShopHQ? Yes, ShopHQ does not have SENSA® product in inventory right now, so AutoDelivery shipments are currently delayed. We expect to have revised packaging shortly and will resume shipments around February 10, 2014.
8) Can I still get my SENSA® AutoDelivery shipments from ShopHQ? If you are enjoying success with the SENSA® Weight-Loss system and want to continue based on your experience with the program we will have product available for AutoDelivery shipment beginning February 10, 2014.
9) I don't want my SENSA® AutoDelivery. Can I cancel it?
If you are currently scheduled to receive SENSA® AutoDelivery shipments from ShopHQ and wish to cancel them, go to ShopHQ.com/MyAccount
and click on the AutoDelivery tab by January 21, 2014.
10) Is SENSA® product safe? The product's safety is not in question. The SENSA® Weight-Loss System is made up of food-based ingredients that are considered Generally Recognized as Safe (GRAS) by the FDA.
11) Does the SENSA® Weight-Loss System work? The SENSA® Weight-Loss System is sprinkled onto foods and designed to help customers engage in proper portion control. SENSA® continues to work with leading researchers in the weight–loss field to comply with the FTC consent order. SENSA® encourages a healthy diet and exercise.
12) Does this affect ShopHQ? No, only the manufacturer, SENSA® Products, LLC. was named by the FTC in the settlement. That said, ShopHQ currently is not offering SENSA® product to customers as we await updated packaging and advertising claims.
13) The FTC alleges that SENSA® made advertising claims about weight loss results that were not adequately substantiated. What revisions to the program will SENSA® use moving forward? The SENSA® Weight-Loss System is still basically the same program with more emphasis on encouraging proper portion control. SENSA® continues to build on over 25 years of research by working with leading independent experts in the weight-loss field to learn more about how SENSA® works for people and to comply with FTC consent order requirements. The company has invested millions of dollars to conduct studies to substantiate its claims. With over 3 million users, the SENSA® Weight-Loss System provides customers with a tool for their weight management goals.
14) Will any changes be made to the SENSA® Weight-Loss System based on the settlement? No product formulation changes are required. There will be updates to the packaging and product claims.
15) The SENSA® Weight-Loss System doesn't state "30 pound average in 6 months" anymore? Was this a result of the settlement? Yes, the FTC asked that SENSA® do more research to support that statement. The claim was based on Dr. Hirsch's study but the FTC found it does not meet the all current requirements for a weight-loss study, namely an independent double blind clinical study.